CPKB - Cell Phone Knowledge Base:About
What is CPKB?
CPKB: Cell Phone Knowledge Base is a free collaborative project that is edited and developed by community of interested users themselves. It is written in english language and no other languages is allowed on site.
CPKB is using the MediaWiki engine to manage the articles and support user collaboration. You can create Your own articles or even correct the other author's contents! How can we trust the information found in a Wiki (like the "Cell Phone Knowledge Base - CPKB"), where all the articles are editable by everybody, sometimes anonimously. But then how can You trust the information which are posted in open web forum? Both types of internet discussion are written by people You don't know. At "Cell Phone Knowledge Base - CPKB" wiki We hope that there is an army of users who are working with cell phones / mobile phones who moderate the content and keep it current. If You see an error on a page, You can correct it instantly. If You want to add content, You don't need to ask permission - just go ahead and create it. Even a couple of lines of notes on a topic is better than nothing, as other people will be more inclined to modify text where they feel they can add something, than to try to write an entire article from scratch.
What are the benefits of the site?
Many mobile phone technicians are having hard time finding the needed informations on internet forums and blogs. They spend huge amount of time searching for something and the results are low resolution pictures, broken links and useless information crumbs. We know You had that situation lots of times. Because CPKB is a wiki site, -which is better solution to share the information- You will find the needed contents fast!
Past, future and goals
CPKB - Cell Phone Knowledge Base project was started on 10 February 2010.
Our goal is to create a central place where You can easily find the needed information, and share Your knowledge about mobile phones.
What is MediaWiki?
MediaWiki is free web-based wiki software. Every user can create articles, can categorize them, and most importantly You and everybody on the site can modify or correct each other's articles. It is much different from internet forums: here, at CPKB You can only find the last edited, most accurate content! So, if the content posted by other users not accurate or the link doesn't working? - Just click on edit button to correct the article!
CPKB - Cell Phone Knowledge Base is also uses MediaWiki software to support user collaboration, the same that is used by Wikipedia. Therefore if You know how to write articles in Wikipedia, You don't have to learn new article editing syntax or techniques.
Never edited a MediaWiki article? Take a tutorial at Help wiki page!
Website policy and rules
Before adding or editing wiki articles please read this:
Please note that this section is not complete, if You have any other idea, feel free to edit this page. If You see any articles which against the site rules, please report to email@example.com email address.
- Use only simple english language on CPKB wiki
- Do not copy and post complete copyrighted material from other sites except You own content. If You post some part of it, create a link to the original material.
- Before adding new page or content check if it is exists somewhere else
- Check similar pages before You create new pages to provide consistent, standardized formats for each type of page
- Do not post spam or advertisements on the wiki site
- Spam, vandalism and vulgar language will be deleted or reverted back
- If You think that an article or image should be deleted, ask administrator to do that
- Do not use this site as an image container. Unused and not related images will be deleted!
- Do not upload images which size is more than 512 kB
- If You're not sure which category does Your new article fits in, just live it uncategorized
- CPKB is not an advertisement site. Post links which are relevant to the article, it doesn't matter if the site is commercial or personal or nonprofit. Link to the content not the main page!
- Please not the CPKB does not guarantee that the how-tos are working.
- All the materials in CPKB website is written under GNU Free Doc License. If You post small portion of it, always add link too.
- Users can delete their username, but not their contributions.
- The site rules can change any time without announcement.
- Only one username is allowed for each person.
The "Cell Phone Knowledge Base - CPKB" is not responsible for the content that is posted by the users.
All contributors are encouraged to post only material they own or have the right to publish, and do so under the terms of the GNU Free Dosumentation License 1.3. The content may be copied, modified, and redistributed freely, so long as the new version grants the same freedoms to others and acknowledges the "Cell Phone Knowledge Base - CPKB" authors.
If any copyright infringement has been noticed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org by sending DMCA notice.
To complete a proper DMCA Notice, state the following information:
- Identify yourself as an owner of copyrighted work or exclusive rights that you believe were infringed, or a person acting on behalf of such owner.
- Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit CPKB to contact you namely, your contact information: name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed.
- Identify the location of materials by providing Web URLs.
- State that you have "a good faith belief that use of the aforementioned material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law".
- State that the information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury. To do so, include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the (copyright) owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
- Sign the notice. If you are providing notice by e-mail, a scanned physical signature or a valid electronic signature will be accepted.
- To expedite our ability to process your request, such written notice should be sent to email@example.com
If You like this website, visit CPKB Facebook page and press Like!
Feel free to share your opinion about the site, and ideas how we could improve!
You can contact administrator on this wiki talk page: WikiSysop talk
Or You can write message to Our email address, which is firstname.lastname@example.org
If You want to discuss an article, please use the "talk page"!
If You want to talk to other contributors, use the user's talk page!
We want You to: join the community! add new articles! share Your knowledge! - that way you can help thousands of visitors a day!
What CPKB Wiki become - is up to You.