From CPKB - Cell Phone Knowledge Base
What is ESD?
Also known as
- ESD / Electrostatically Sensitive Devices
- E S D
- Low humidity causes increase of electrostatic discharge
What is ESD
ESD = Electrostatically Sensitive Devices
Many electronic devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge, which could damage the device.
In order to prevent electrostatic discharge:
- Shield the work environment
- When repairing electronic devices always use anti-static strap to remove electrostatic buildup
- Store or transport electronic devices (mobile phones, PCBs...) in anti-static bags.
- Make sure that soldering device's ground wire properly connected