Samsung enter Download mode
From CPKB - Cell Phone Knowledge Base
How to enter Samsung phones in Download mode?
Also known as
- Samsung mobile phone / mobilephone start in Download mode
- Samsung cell phone / cellphone download state activate / enter
- Samsung enter Flash / PDA / modem download mode
- **usb84 from dialed will give diagnostic or diagnosis mode. uart and usb both should be on cdma modem to flash properly.
Entering download mode
General procedure #1
- On touchscreen phones hold all buttons on the sides, the power ON the phone.
General procedure #2
- Turn off phone
- Hold "volume down" button, and while holding that turn on the phone
- While still holding the "volume down" button, connect the phone to the PC using USB cable
General procedure #3 U880
- Hold "2" + "5" the power ON the phone.
- While holding "Q" button turn on the phone.
S3653 S8000 Jet S5600
- While holding "camera button" + "volume down button", power ON phone.
- While pressing "9" power ON the phone. (If it is not working try pressing "#" or "*" or "0" button instead of "9".)
- While holding "camera" + "volume up" + "hold" buttons, power ON the phone.
i8910 Omnia HD
- While holding "Volume up" + "Hold" buttons, power ON the phone.
i9000 Galaxy S
- Procedure 1: Turn off phone, while holding volume down + menu button, turn on phone. When the Samsung logo appears, release the buttons.
- Procedure 2: Turn off phone, while holding volume down + menu button, connect phone to the computer by USB cable.
- Procedure 2: Remove battery, while holding volume down + menu button, insert battery.
- Procedure 3: Use Samsung download mode usb jig: Turn off phone, connect JIG to the microUSB port, wait 3 seconds and phone goes to Download Mode. Then remove USB JIG.
- For enter PDA download mode hold "1" and "4" buttons then power ON the phone.
- For enter modem download mode hold "7" and "*" buttons then power ON the phone.
- For enter all download mode hold "4" and "7" buttons then power ON the phone.
- For enter flash mode hold "right menu" + "back" buttons then power ON the phone.
- Press and Hold "Volume down" button then turn on phone
- Volume UP (or down) + "9", then turn on