Nokia Cooker is a PC software reserved to the Cookers, which allows to modify the files containing the phone's firmware to create customized firmwares versions named Cooked-Firmware. Nokia Cooker can modify data which is located in: - UDA, - ROFS, - ROFx. It can't modify data located in the CORE yet.
 Also known as
- Nokia Cooker BETA
- NokiaCooker v3.2: (official website, newest version)
- NokiaCooker 0.4.3 BETA:
- NokiaCooker 0.4.2 BETA:
- NokiaCooker 0.1 BETA:
- Not all the ROFS/ROFx can be modded!
- Modding a protected ROFS/ROFx you'll risk to brick the phone. If you aren't sure that your ROFS/ROFx can be modded, don't do it. The modding of the UDA, instead, is always a safe operation.
 What is needed?
- PC with Microsoft Windows OS
- .NET Framework 2.0
- Add / delete media files from Nokia firmware's content part
 Supported phones
- All Nokia BB5 mobile phones
 Version history
- NokiaCooker v3.2:
- New: Partition Manager. It is now possible to repartition the fw and choose the size of ROFS1, ROFS2, ROFS3, UDA. You can even transfer the free ROFS space to the UDA, in order to increase the total available space on c:\ You should not use the Partition Manager on cfw which have been already repartitioned in other ways.
- Improved: the copy option in the log window, copies only the selected text
- Improved: new block (3A) gets parsed for CORE files
- Improved: new header fields (E5, EA) gets parsed for CORE files
- Improved: better Fat detection for UDA files
- Improved: rewritten parsing of .vpl files
- Fixed: when connected to the pc, the Phone Memory was shown as "NOKIACOO~0" or "NCxx"
- Fixed: a wrong clusters computation, could cause a data loss for the 2 last clusters in the UDA, when filled at the top.
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.9:
- New: File > Recent Files
- Improved: NaviFirm plugin updated to the latest version
- Fixed: The "Advanced > Repack using rofs data: ROFS.ROM" option wasn't working properly when packing a ROFS bigger than original
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.8:
- Fixed: Due to some recent changes the CRC-Fixer routine wasn't working properly anymore.
- Fixed: Removed tooltip from the "add/remove plugins" button.
- Improved: The CRC-Fixer routine will fix the fw CRC to match the one contained in the .vpl file (if the .vpl file exists) otherwise will match the original CRC if the .vpl file doesn't exists.
- Improved: Unpacking Speed.
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.7:
- New: Support for 3rd party Applications/Plugins. You can Drag & Drop any executables to the Plugin's toolbar to add them to NokiaCoooker
- Fixed: for some UDA, the bkupBootRecord wasn't handled properly showing the message 'Root Cluster is NOT Supported!'
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.6:
- New: Added a smart CRC-Fixer: There will be no more CRC warnings in Phoenix!
- Improved: Replaced checkbox with button for ROFS resize
- Improved: Sligtly GUI improvements
- Improved: Better performances when showing folders with a lot of files
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.5:
- New: you can now create cooked fw for N8 (UDA/FAT only)
- New: added a checkbox to allow resizing of ROFS/ROFx images.
- Fixed: FAT/UDA editor wasn't working properly.
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.3:
- Improved: Log Window can be resized
- Improved: The OBY is created trying to keep the same file order as in the original firmware.
- Fixed: Warnings raised from the RofsBuild.exe command will be shown in the log window and the repack will complete successfully. If the RofsBuild.exe raised an error, the repack will not be completed.
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.2:
- Fixed: Some ROFS file were skipped during the Rebuild if the file was in a very long path like:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Root\Desktop\NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.1\Files\private\10203636\security\trustroots\d evice\certificates\TMO_trusted_third_party_certifi cate.cer"
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.4.1:
- Improved: Shows warning messages raised from the RofsBuild.exe command
- Improved: ROFX Rebuild
- NokiaCooker BETA 0.4:
- New: FAT32 file-system is now supported. (X6 UDA is in FAT32 format)
- New: Extension Column in the grid. So you can easily remove unneeded languages files from the ROFS
- New: Experimental ROFx support... It should work but NEEDS TO BE TESTED!
- New: Automatically creates a Backup File when repacking firmware.
- Improved: FAT Detection
- Fixed: ROFS Rebuild for N97